Buat pertamakalinya membikin cake yang bertahtakan tiara sebiji buahnya strawberry sempena dengan namanya cake ini khas untuk Queen Victoria...
The Victoria Sponge was named after Queen Victoria as reputably it was her favourite cake. Anna, the Duchess of Bedford who has been given credit for introducing the charming art of the Afternoon Tea was Lady in Waiting to the Queen who quickly adopted the custom serving sponge cakes as part of the tea.
Habukkan dengan tapisan icing gula atau gula pasir putih seperti tertera didalam resepinya.
Cake Victoria sandwich sponge cake ini serupa seperti gâteau Quatre Quart dari Peranchis rupa-rupanya...
- 3 large free-range eggs at room temperature
- 225g/8oz caster sugar,
- 225g/8oz self-raising flour + 2 tsp baking powder sifted together
- 125g/4oz softened butter
- 100g/3 oz margarine
- A jar of good quality strawberry jam
- 200ml/7 fl oz whipping cream, whipped to firm peaks
A secret though, it’s not that difficult just check out the tips below and follow the quick and easy recipe and you are on to a winner
Gunakan sahaja jam yang dibeli dahulu karena strawberry yang dibeli sebanyak dua barquettes sudah dingap oleh yang Bongsu&papanya, iya selamat sudah... diminta tinggalkan beberapa biji sebagai hiasan untuk cake ini.
Tiara sebiji buahnya strawberry yang galak merah nya...
Preparation:Preheat the oven to 180C/350 F/Gas 4.
Lightly grease 2 x 20cm/8” sandwich tins. Line the bottom with lightly greased baking parchment.
- Using a stand mixer, or electric hand mixer, mix together the eggs, sugar, flour and baking powder plus the softened butter and margarine until completely combined. The mixture should be a soft, dropping consistency. If you don’t’ have an electric mixer use a wooden spoon.
- Divide the cake batter evenly between the two cake tins. Lightly smooth the surface of the cake and pop them onto the middle shelf of the preheated oven. Cook for 25 minutes or until the cakes are well risen and golden brown on the surface. If the cakes are browning too quickly lower the temperature just slightly but do not be tempted to open the door.
- Once they are risen and brown you can open the door to check by gently pressing the centre of the cake it should spring back easily. Remove the cakes from the oven and place on a cooling rack for 5 minutes. After the 5 minutes the cakes should be shrinking away from the sides of the cake tins. Carefully remove the cakes from the tins and leave to cool completely on the cooling rack.
- Once cooled, place one cake cooked side down onto a plate. Cover with a thick layer of strawberry jam followed by an even thicker layer of whipped cream. Top with the second cake. Dredge with the icing sugar, and decorate with fresh strawberries if you wish. Serve with a nice cup of tea.
Masih tidak tahu gimana rasanya, kemudian nanti-nanti di-verdict-kan juga...